Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's time to get real

Maybe if I start writing all my goals on my blog I will actually accomplish some of them.
Has anyone had any success in this?
I don't mean to be negative, there are just so many things I want to do....
Read 5 books before the end of the summer.
Finish recovering my chair.
Plant flowers in my pots.
Watch the godfather.
Lose 10 lbs.
Get my Crohn's Disease under control.
Start selling things on ebay/amazon.

Perhaps I should pat myself on the back for some of the things I have accomplished:
1. I recently got to go on a research business trip with my design team, it was tiring, but enlightening.
2. Jared and I have been harvesting some of our garden, which is overflowing with greens - anyone want some arugula? Yellow Pear heirloom maters?
3. We finally finished refinishing our table - it took almost 1 whole year, but mostly because there was an 8-9 month sabbatical from refinishing during the winter. You should come and see it.
4. I finally sent in my camera to get it repaired. Now I will be able to share images - now that the garden is completely grown....  : /
5. Our chair is getting recovered... it's still in the process, but I think I'm going to work on it tomorrow, or maybe even tonight!
6. I am halfway done writing our thank you notes for our wedding - our one year mark is fast approaching. I hope to have them all done by then.
7. A site I designed finally went up - it is for a custom home building site for a construction management firm in Kansas City. You can view it here.
8. I have lost 5-7 lbs.  - we may be able to attribute this to catching a summer cold, however.
9. We finally got our settlement for my injury on my hand and will be using a lot of it to pay off all our credit card debts - YAY!
10. I am starting to do research for a new business idea with my friends from Picture This! Fun fun fun - I love interaction design!

Have a great day - and pat yourself on the back for something you did.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it works--I usually make my goals sooooo private so if I suck at them (I generally do), I'm not accountable to anyone but me--I'm mean enough to myself that I don't need anyone else... haha. But maybe I should? Good luck with your goals! Those all sound like fun and productive things. Also, that site is really cool... easy to use, easy on the eyes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ash! I think I will accomplish a few of my goals this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many great things! that you have done and that you want to do. I am happy for you. writing things/goals down definitely helps me. what helps me even more? writing them down in small portions. daily portions. right now I am really into gmail's task manager, and has helped me get so many things done, because every time I'm wasting time I can remember that there are real things I want to to. it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter